Pennywise Platter Thursday 7/22

(Note: Half of you haven’t been linking to the carnival! Please do! I will be checking everyone’s post today.)

It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.

If you would like to participate please take note of the following guidelines.

1)Link to this post in your blog post

2)Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.

Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your URL: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/6tips

3) Keep the ingredients nourishing and frugal!

KimiHarris

Comments

Cranberry juice proven over and over again to fight urinary tract infections. New research has now discovered how cranberries actually fight bacteria at the molecular level. With this in mind, here is a super simple cranberry drink I’ve sort of invented for myself.

Who said it costs a lot to eat healthfully?? Not around here it doesn’t! Today I shared a recipe that was only – get this – $5.04 for our entire family of 11! Cost breakdown of ingredients included.

I missed it last wee but I’m back here this week with double the entries! Both due to my garden excess – Sprouted Wheat Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chunks & Ginger, and a Southwestern Garden Succotash. Thank you, as always,for hosting Kimi!

Best,
    Sarah

Thank you for hosting! And I’ve noticed that a lot of link parties are reporting that people aren’t linking back. Not only is that bad manners, but I think it provides a service to your readers to link back. We’re all looking for good ideas!

Cocoa Power Bars are so easy to make and so easy to power down,no baking . My dd, the apprentice chef decided to change out a recipe again to her liking. She used one of the recipes from “Easy Snacks to Go” from http://www.kitchenstewardship.com .

That ice cream you shared looks yummy too. Leah is also trying to figure out how to make ice cream, first she’s trying to find out how to make her own ice cream machine…., gotta love the entrepreneurial spirit.

thank you for hosting Kimi!
    blessings in Messiah

My husband is a big snacker so I posted a recipe for fresh salsa that is popular at our house along with ways to modify it based on what you have. It is really helping us to use through all the tomatoes we’ve been getting from our CSA share lately.

Digestion is such a central part of our health. It pays to use these six simple tips that will help heal your gut so you can get the most out of your food!

Tried using coconut oil in my favorite crepe recipe – of course, it worked wonderfully! Recipes for both the crepes and ricotta filling – enjoy with your favorite fresh berries!

Since you’re checking that people are linking back, are you also checking for content? I’m curious what your standards are. A couple of the links I looked at were definitely NOT real-food friendly — low fat, low-cal, white flour, etc. Not something I would ever make, no matter how frugal! Just wondering if that matters to you….