Pennywise Platter Thursday 6/24

(There are just a few more days to sign up for the ecourse! And I have a few half scholarships left (contact me, kimi (dot) harris (at) gmail (dot) com for those who are completely unable to afford the course).

It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.

If you would like to participate please take note of the following guidelines.

1)Link to this post in your blog post

2)Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.

Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your URL: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/6tips

3) Keep the ingredients nourishing and frugal!

KimiHarris

Comments

I baked bacon for the first time in my life yesterday. I took some pictures of the process and made a video out of it. I enjoyed a bacon and egg salad yesterday and then simply zapped the other 4 pieces of bacon in the microwave for 20 seconds this morning and enjoyed it by itself.

Baking bacon is the cleanest way to enjoy the tasty meat and saves time too. It also is MUCH crunchier and tastes awesome.

Enjoy!

Today I’m talking about spirulina and chlorella as aids for heavy metal detoxification. Even good quality spirulina and chlorella are fairly affordable, and they are food substances rather than industrialized supplements, so your body can actually use them to repair and rebuild.

3. KimiHarris says

Thanks everyone for posting your links! And sorry that Mr. Linky is out of working order right now! Hopefully it will be back soon. :-)

I apologize. I did not mean to put the Whoopee Pies here. I know they are not healthy. I am just so proud of my boys that I did not think about where I was posting it, a healthy blog.

Mr. Linky seems to be back up and working.

This weeks post is for a potato salad I made using a lemon salad dressing I came up with. If you prefer to have more ‘zing’ to your dressing, make sure to add more lemon juice to the dressing. I personally prefer this kind of dressing over mayo in a potato salad. It’s light and refreshing!
    ~blessing

I posted my recipe for Strawberry Torte. I sweetened it naturally, and used eggs from the local Amish farm, and strawberries I picked myself!