Pennywise Platter Thursday 5/27

pennywiseplattertwo

It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.

If you would like to participate please take note of the following guidelines.

1)Link to this post in your blog post

2)Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.

Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your URL: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/6tips

3) Keep the ingredients nourishing and frugal!

Comments

Thank you for hosting a carnival to share frugal ways to prepare real food! My contribution is a delicious way that Europeans have traditionally stretched grassfed meat.

i’ve been experimenting with different cold bean salads in the past few weeks, i’m sharing a chick pea one here today. summer is coming up and i hope we’re swimming in the evenings. coming home to a refreshing already made light supper. these are also great to bring to a pot luck or family gatherings so you know there’s at least one wholesome nutrient dense item to munch on.

We’ve had a really exciting week at The Nourished Life, it was so hard to pick just one post! But my favorite has to be Nourished Kitchen’s new bonus lesson for soaking and dehydrating nuts–could you make it more easy??? And the recipes included are sure to be winners.

I posted recipes for a meal of sloppy joes (with veggies and grass-fed beef), honey corn bread, and creamed kale (sauce made with milk and raw cashews). Can’t wait to look around this week. Thank you for hosting!

I linked up frugal, easy, and elegant party puffs. They only contain water, butter, flour, and eggs, but are sure to impress. The flour can be as nutritious as desired. I made these puffs gluten free. Filling can be sweet or savory, and pretty much anything you want. The possibilities (like cleaning out the fridge and coming up with combos) are endless and fun. :-) Enjoy!

Thanks as always for hosting, Kimi! Hope you had a great vacation. :-)

Shirley

Hello, I just posted an old favorite of mine, brings back memories of being in the kitchen with my mamie who is a lover of vegetables and taught me well. My recipe~Haricots Verts en Salade/Green Bean Salad with Red pepper and flaxseeds.

blessings!