Pennywise Platter Thursday 4/8

pennywiseplattertwo

It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! How do you shop and where? What recipes saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.

If you would like to participate please take note of the following guidelines.

1)Link to this post in your blog post

2)Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.

Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your URL: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/6tips

3) Keep the ingredients nourishing and frugal!

Comments

Here’s a recipe for a quick, frugal and buttery dinner~ what could be better? Thanks for hosting this carnival, Kimi. As somewhat new real food enthusiasts, we are constantly referencing The Nourishing Gourmet.

i was gifted tons of fresh herbs, sharing how I’ve been using up the oregano, and a simple oregano “pesto” recipe. need ideas for the rosemary though. i’m tossing it in all kinds of stews/sauces but I have more to use up.

I toss it in with any flatbread, focaccia, pizza crust, or biscuit recipe. You can also make garlic-rosemary mashed potatoes. Just roast a few cloves of garlic in the oven or in a skillet, then add them to your mashed potatoes along with butter, milk, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Mmm!

It isn’t so much a platter, but I find making snacks from scratch saves money and ensures wholesome ingredients. So I linked to a recipe that is a variation on our favorite homemade granola bars. Easy to make and no bake!

Oops, sorry! My first post didn’t work. I got it right the second time, though. Perhaps you can delete my first one?

The Nourishing Breakfast Casserole is made with leftover stale bread cubes saved from the ends of loaves that would otherwise be thrown away. I save them in a bag in the freezer until I have enough to make this delicious casserole!

5. Sunny says

Not sure how “pennywise” these scones are but I buy almost all of the ingredients in bulk. We get the cranberries from a local grower and they tasted wonderful.