Carnival Announcement: Simple & Nourishing

ng_simplenourishing

Sometimes the good things in life don’t take a lot of fuss or preparation. While I love those three layer cakes, there is something very wonderful about eating a bowl of in season strawberries with a bit of cream. So simple, yet so good.

Sometimes life is just too busy, yet you still want to serve a nourishing meal to your family. Simplicity is key to meeting that goal.

It’s carnival time again! This carnival will take place in less then two weeks, on a Thursday.

A big thank you to everyone who contributed to our last carnival! I think that our breakfast carnival was one of our best ones. Everyone’s contributions were wonderful and helpful. Thank you!

I had several topics on my list of carnival ideas, but this topic, Simple & Nourishing made the top of the list for two reasons. One, I am getting a lot of comments from people who say they need help figuring out some simple meals. Two, with the weather outside warming up, I think it’s time to spend a little less time in the kitchen and a little more time outside! Having simple meal ideas will help us meet that goal.

What we are looking for: Meals, snacks, recipes that take a short amount of time to prepare and hopefully not too many ingredients. Slow cooker meals, last minute nourishing meals, or do-ahead -dishes are a few examples. Share how you keep things simple! I can’t wait to hear from you all.

I will be (finally) creating a page for the few guidelines of the carnival soon. Keep an eye out for that for more details.

Let’s keep it simple in the kitchen and share!

Comments

Great idea for a carnival! I actually ate a bowl of fresh local strawberries with cream for breakfast this morning – one of my favorite late spring/early summer things to eat. Less definetly can be more when you use quality ingredients!

2. Susanna says

Love this idea. I’ve been wondering how on earth we’re going to eat now that we just want to be outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. I’m excited to see everyone’s ideas! Thank you for hosting.

I have to start doing this now – it’s too stinkin’ hot in our kitchen, even in late April… I’m looking forward to this! Thanks!

4. Kelli says

I need easy AND healthy recipes! I am new to your site, love it. What recipe do you recommend that I try first from your site?
    Also, I am currently reading Eat Fat Lose Fat. Did you lose any weight when you emplimented eating this way? (I don’t know if you needed to or not.)

Sounds like a great idea! I will be thinking of what I can share. I pretty much only know how to do things simple so this is right up my alley. How does this work… we make a post on our own blog and then let you know? I guess I can wait for you to write the official guidelines.

~Wardeh

I’m looking forward to this simple meals carnival! I just found your blog and I love it. I loved your breakfast carnival. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I too am a big fan of the “Nourishing Traditions” book.

7. KimiHarris says

Kelli,

That’s a hard question to answer! I am trying to think what’s been the most popular. A recent popular one has been the Fluffy Whole Wheat Biscuits. 🙂 And thanks for the recommendation of Wardeh’s recipes! I love trying everyone’s recipes.

Wardeh,
    I will get my carnival guidelines up soon. Basically the day of the carnival, you post your recipes or tips and link to the carnival post (which I will post the night before). Then everyone emails/comments letting me know they are joining the carnival, and I add a link to their post in the carnival post. Hope that makes sense! At some point I might start using the Mr. Linky gadget again, but that’s another story. 🙂

8. KimiHarris says

Kelli,
    I forgot to answer your other question. 🙂
    I wasn’t really trying to lose weight when I started eating more nourishing type foods with the healthy fats, so I can’t say. It didn’t personally make me GAIN weight though. 🙂 Coconut oil is supposed to help you lose weight, especially if you take some about 20 minutes before a meal.

Simple! That’s what I like:) I hope I can participate. I have just recently started reading your blog and was really intrigued about the coconut benefits. Thanks!

10. Samara says

Mmmmm….strawberries and cream…I live in the cold North(Wet) and am only now beginning to see some sun! 🙂 I really appreciate your recipes Kimi! They are usually simple and delicious!!!